CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The first of two Junior Match Play qualifiers for players under 18, conducted by the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA), took place Saturday at Edgewood Country Club in Charleston. Seven boys and seven girls qualified for the Junior Match Play Championship on May 13-14 at Parkersburg Country Club.
Girls qualifying for the Championship are:
- Kerri-Anne Cook of Oceana;
- Savannah Hawkins of Hurricane;
- Brielle Milhoan of Vienna;
- Anna Earl of Vienna;
- Scarlett Albertson of Charleston;
- Sidnea Belville of South Point, Ohio; and
- Lauren Cline of Mineral Wells. Boys qualifying for the Championship are:
- Jackson Woodburn of Scott Depot;
- Stephen McDavid of Scott Depot;
- Tanner Vest of Shady Spring;
- Jack Michael of Huntington;
- Andrew Johnson of Hurricane;
- Parker Vannoy of Mineral Wells;
- Cooper Ward of Beaver; and
- Alternate Grant Roush of Mason. “We’d like to thank everyone at Edgewood Country Club for hosting this qualifier for the 23rd Junior Match Play Championship,” said WVGA Interim Executive Director Chris Slack. “We are looking forward to
this year’s championship at Parkersburg Country Club in a couple of weeks.”
The final Junior Match Play Qualifier will take place May 6 at Bel Meadow Golf Club.
Click here for a complete list of the day’s final scores.
For more information, please visit wvga.org.